During the winter months, carbon monoxide poisoning causes many deaths throughout the country. This gas has no color or odor, and is caused by incomplete combustion of fuels. Using indoor heaters that burn wood, coal, petroleum or oil without proper ventilation will lead to a potentially deadly situation.

Symptoms of CO poisoning could be mistaken for other health ailments, and because of this many cases of exposure can go undetected. At high concentrations, CO can kill in as little at 5 minutes. Other health effects are headache, fatigue, shortness of breath, nausea, dizziness.

To keep you and your family safe, it is important that you have a CO alarm on each floor of your home. Install them close to your bedrooms so they will wake you up if they go off.

There are other appliances that will generate small amounts of carbon monoxide in your home, such as gas stoves, water heaters and other things. Install an alarm near these devices as well to make sure they do not malfunction and create a dangerous situation.

Louisville KY home Inspections

What Every Home Buyer in the Louisville Area Should Know

Find out what every home buyer in Louisville should know when purchasing their home.

Don't miss these critical and important issues that could plague you for years.

The difference in knowing could be the home of your dreams, or a money pit...

You have Successfully Subscribed!